Monday, May 16, 2016

Full Immersion 10


1412 Wrote:Be a Tech Noble or shapeshifter, or maybe a Utzgarignjer for the heck of it.
Kíeros Wrote:> Portal Cut. You have to be a Dimensional Samurai.
Bakumaster Wrote:>Dimensional mage.
Lonewolfeslayer Wrote:Portal cut aka Riftblading time :D
Beastnix Wrote:>W▩rldbrink M▷ge
The Froggy Ninja Wrote:Alchemy seems cool.
DoctorMadness Wrote:
Beastnix Wrote:>W▩rldbrink M▷ge
Im gonna have to...2nd this.
zodiacSynthesis Wrote:W▩rldbrink M▷ge. If not, Utzgarignjer, Diplomatic Noble, or the most boring choice, Dimensional Mage.
Lonewolfeslayer Wrote:W▩rldbrink M▷ge< that class gave a glitchy but rather honest explanation. I don't trust it ...

{Meta: Vote Count Ranking:
1 vote = 1 vote:
Worldbrink Mage: 4
Dimensional Samurai: 2
Dimensional Mage: 2
Utzgarignjer: 2
Tech Noble: 1
Shapeshifter: 1
Alchemist: 1
Diplomatic Noble: 1

1 person = 1 vote:
Worldbrink Mage: 2 + 1/3 + 1/2 = 2+5/6
Dimesional Samurai: 1 + 1/2 = 1+1/2
Dimensional Mage: 1 + 1/3 = 1+1/3
Alchemist: 1 = 1
Utzgarignjer: 1/3 + 1/3 = 2/3
Tech Noble: 1/3 = 1/3
Shapeshifter: 1/3 = 1/3

(Charcter indecisive)}
The young man stands there a moment, paralyzed by indecision. His hand hovers over the glitched out search entry for a few seconds. "Aww..h*** I can't help it. I gotta know."

He pokes that, and the whole screen starts behaving as it did before. "Am I gonna have to deal with the screen freaking out nonstop if I pick this? Well..I mean, the class might be broken good. They never did playtest it.." He selects the class, and something new appears on the screen, on top of everything else, and a stylus pops out of the screen, which he manages to catch reflexively. "Whoa! Didn't know I could..what is this?"

By imprinting my personal symbols here, I hereby take upon myself 100% responsibility and absolve all entities involved of any responsibility, legal, moral or otherwise, for any damage done to my psyche.
Signed, ___________


"Is it..does it do that for all the classes?" He backs out, causing the stylus to disappear, and picks another class at random, going to the confirmation dialog. "...No? It's just a normal 'are you sure' thing. Okay..I think they're f***ing serious about this. But why would you leave something like that in a game?" Another backing out, and back to the Worldbrink Mage search.

He inhales through his teeth, looking at the screen for a good long moment. "Fffffffffnaw. I can't do this. I mean, I'd think it was a joke or something if I didn't feel like I was literally standing in the middle of a forest with a freakin' cat tail. But this's just..way too real. I feel like I'll be legitimately in danger if I pick this class.

He backs out to the main search. "...Plus there's the whole, 'Earth is depending on you' thing or whatever. If that green guy shows up again, I gotta ask him what the h*** they were talking about."

{Meta: Character preference adjusted--Worldbrink Mage -3.}

He takes a deep breath, and lets it go. "Oh-kay, what about they classes they did playtest? Man, I could go for swingin' a sword around and hoppin' through portals. That sounds pretty good, actually."

He goes to the Dimensional Samurai tab and selects that one, quickly going through the confirmation dialogue. The Class search fades off into a skill tree, and his clothes shifts into a special kind of kimono with leather padding placed to protect a few vital areas, along with a long, sheathed katana.

The cat-guy pulls the katana about halfway out, looking at it. It looks beat up and rusted in some places. "Of course I get the s****y equipment first. Does this even work?" He tries drawing and swinging the katana, which comes as a single motion, and as it cuts through the air something like a tear in a piece of paper appears, both where the katana cut and across the bark of a nearby tree. "Whoa! So I just--ack!" Having put his hand out toward the portal, he draws it back as both sides suddenly shut again. "Okay..yeah. Crazy time limit. I guess the idea is I just have to hop through right away, or else. Oh man, I bet it hurts losing a section of a tail, too..yipe!"

He jumps forward and turns around in midair to find himself facing a gigantic wolf that just barely missed pouncing straight on top of him. "Oh s***!" The wolf stands up and growls at him. He sheathes the blade, holding his hand on the hilt. "Alright, time to try this out. C'mon!"

>

No comments:

Post a Comment